Quick & Easy Tips for Cleaning and Organizing Your Precious Jewels!
Posted on October 12 2014
If you're like me -- you work hard, play hard, and can easily lose sight of when you last cleaned or organized your jewelry.
Since these easy steps help me, I'd like to share them with you!
Quick & Easy Steps for Taking Care of Your Precious Jewels
Jewelry Buzz Box only carries the finest silver jewelry which is plated in rhodium (white gold) so they generally don't tarnish. If f your jewelry does tarnishes, consider using the following the at-home cleaning options.
- To clean your jewelry, just use soap and water to get the shiny luster back.
- Drop your dull-looking jewelry in a glass of fizzing Alka-Seltzer for a couple of minutes. Remove the jewelry from the glass and smile at the sparkle and shine!
- Use window cleaner to spruce up jewelry that is all metal or has crystalline gemstones, such as diamonds or rubies. Spray on the cleaner, then use an old toothbrush for cleaning.
- Please note: Do not use window cleaner if the piece has opaque stones such as opal, turquoise, or organic gems, such as coral or pearl. The ammonia and detergents in the cleaner can discolor them.
- For pearls - whether real or fake, you can create a mixture of warm water and a drop of shampoo in a bowl. Rub the pearls with a soft cloth and hang the pearls to dry.
- I love the hanging jewelry organizers! Here's a few reasons why...
- You can put each (or a few) piece(s) of jewelry in a see-through, zippered pocket.
- Your jewelry is safe and secure.
- For traveling, you may be able to safely fold your hanging organizer. If not, there are smaller options specifically designed for travel. To purchase jewelry organizers, look
Amazon.com or in BedBath&Beyond. on
Hope these tips help!
Jewelry Buzz Box